U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Jan 21, 2020
(a) The request for review shall include:
(1) A copy of the notice of proposed suspension or rescission or the notice of suspension or rescission;
(2) Documentary proof, or, where appropriate, offers of proof, concerning the matters in 30 CFR 773.21(a) and (b) or 30 CFR 773.14(c) for a notice of proposed suspension or rescission, or 30 CFR 773.23(a)(1) through (a)(6) for a notice of suspension or rescission, showing that the person requesting review is entitled to administrative relief;
(3) A statement whether the person requesting review wishes an evidentiary hearing or waives the opportunity for such a hearing;
(4) A request for specific relief; and
(5) Any other relevant information.
(b) Within 20 days of service of the request for review by the permittee in accordance with 43 CFR 4.1109, OSM and all interested parties shall file an answer to the request for review or a motion in response to the request or a statement that no answer or motion will be filed. OSM or any interested party may request an evidentiary hearing even if the person requesting review has waived the opportunity for such a hearing.
(c) The permittee may amend the request for review once as a matter of right before a response in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section is required to be filed. After the period for filing such a response, the permittee may file a motion for leave to amend the request for review with the administrative law judge. If the administrative law judge grants a motion for leave to amend, he shall provide OSM and any other party that filed a response in accordance with paragraph (b) not less than 10 days to file an amended response.