View all text of Subjgrp 152 [§ 11.75 - § 11.85]

§ 11.76 - To whom loan may be made.

Only the veteran named in the certificate can lawfully obtain a loan on his adjusted service certificate and neither the beneficiary nor any other person than the veteran has any rights in this respect. The person to whom the loan is made must be known to the lending bank to be the veteran named in the certificate securing such note. The consent of the beneficiary is not required, the act providing that a loan on the security of the certificate may be made “with or without the consent of the beneficiary thereof.” Loans may be made to veterans adjudged incompetent only through the guardians of such veterans and pursuant to specific order of the court having jurisdiction. Certified copy of court order must be submitted if note be presented for redemption by the Department of Veterans Affairs.