U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: Aug 14, 2020

§ 2806.60 - Rents and fees for wind energy rights-of-way.

If you hold a right-of-way authorizing wind energy site-specific testing or project-area testing or wind energy development, you must pay an annual rent and fee in accordance with this section and subpart. Your wind energy development right-of-way authorization will either be a grant (if issued under subpart 2804) or a lease (if issued under subpart 2809). Rents and fees for either type of authorization consist of an acreage rent that must be paid prior to issuance of the authorization and a phased-in MW capacity fee. Both the acreage rent and the phased-in MW capacity fee are charged and calculated consistent with § 2806.11 and prorated consistent with § 2806.12(a). The MW capacity fee will vary depending on the size of the wind energy development project.

[81 FR 92220, Dec. 19, 2016]