U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Sep 21, 2019
(a) Delegations. Pursuant to § 2.38(a)(1), and with due deference for delegations to other Departmental Administration officials, the following delegations of authority are made by the Director, Office of Partnerships and Public Engagement to the Director, Office of Advocacy and Outreach:
(1) Ensure that small farms and ranches, beginning farmers or ranchers, and socially disadvantaged farmers or ranchers have access to, and equitable participation in, programs and services of the Department pursuant to section 226B(c) of the Department of Agriculture Reorganization Act of 1994 (7 U.S.C. 6934(c)).
(2) Oversee the Advisory Committee for Beginning Farmers and Ranchers.
(3) Oversee the operations of the Office of Small Farms Coordination.
(4) Administer section 2501 of the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 (7 U.S.C. 2279), except for authorities related to the Census of Agriculture and economic studies in subsection (h) of that section.
(5) Oversee the Minority Farmer Advisory Committee pursuant to section 14008 of FCEA (7 U.S.C. 2279 note).
(6) Administer the low-income migrant and seasonal farmworker grants program under section 2281 of the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 5177a).
(7) Consult with appropriate entities regarding integration of farmworker interests into Department programs, including assisting farmworkers in becoming agricultural producers or landowners, and research, program improvements, and agricultural education opportunities for low-income and migrant seasonal farmworkers.
(8) Administer the grants program under section 14204 of FCEA (7 U.S.C. 2008q-1) to improve the supply, stability, safety, and training of the agricultural labor force.
(9) Administer and coordinate a USDA outreach program in collaboration with USDA agencies.
(10) Administer section 2501A of the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 (7 U.S.C. 2279-1), including the authority to coordinate Department policy for the issuance of receipts under subsection (e) of that section.
(11) Provide strategic planning and performance measurement, coordinate outreach activities, monitor goals and objectives, and evaluate programs, of Department programs and activities involving small farms or ranches and beginning or socially disadvantaged farmers or ranchers.
(12) Administer the USDA/1994 Land Grant Institutions (Tribal Colleges) Programs.
(13) Administer the USDA/1890 Liaison Officer Program.
(14) Administer the Hispanic Serving Institutions National Program, including through the use of cooperative agreements under 7 U.S.C. 3318(b).
(15) Serve as a lead agency in carrying out student internship programs (7 U.S.C. 2279c).
(16) Coordinate outreach to Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders.