This disclaimer is an agreement between you (also herein referred to as "user") and R.I. Diversified, LLC (hereinafter "RID"), exclusive owner and operator of govregs.com and the Android and iOS application versions thereof (hereinafter "Govregs"). By using Govregs, you agree that such use will be governed by this disclaimer, and agree that this disclaimer applies in its entirety. If you disagree with any portion of this disclaimer, you must immediately cease use of Govregs and exit the website by closing the tab, browser, app, or other medium through which you are accessing Govregs. Throughout this document, and except as explicitly stated, the term "use," when referring to the user's operation of or interaction with Govregs, should be read to include all of Govregs' functionalities and services. Throughout this document, the term "applications" refers to Android and iOS software programs that are downloaded and installed directly on the accessor's device. Any mention to Govregs' website should necessarily be read to include reference the aforementioned applications.
Govregs is a private venture, owned and operated by RID. Govregs is not created, managed, supported, endorsed, and/or provided special treatment in any manner by any federal or state government or quasi-government entity. Through its interactive pages - U.S. Code (http://www.govregs.com/uscode), Regulations (http://www.govregs.com/regulations), Constitution (http://www.govregs.com/constitution), and any other current or future pages or sections and those same pages and sections on its Android and iOS apps - Govregs features public content almost exclusively sourced from the U.S. Government Publishing Office (http://www.gpo.gov and https://www.ecfr.gov). Should you have any questions, concerns, or comments, or wish to provide corrections to any content provided by Govregs in the aforementioned sections, please contact the relevant U.S. Government agency directly.
Most content presented in Govregs' web pages is derived from the U.S. Government Publishing Office (http://www.gpo.gov and https://www.ecfr.gov), and as such, remains copyright-free. Nevertheless, the presentation of that information through Govregs remains protected under copyright laws, and use of Govregs remains restricted as provided out below. Any unique content produced for, by, or on Govregs strictly remains the property of RID and shall not be copied, sold, or republished, in original or modified form, for any reason, without the explicit permission of RID, except in accordance with copyright laws. Even in such cases, you must attribute the content to RID. In other words: any quotes, references, excerpts you want to use are great - use away; but if you do this, please reference the original article and source. We wrote it, so don't steal it as yours.
You are permitted to use Govregs for personal and/or business purposes.
You may view public-intended parts of the Govregs website in a web browser and retain copies of such web pages in any manner or format so long as such retention or process of such retention does not appreciably impact performance of Govregs. This includes, but is not limited to, hand-copies (does anyone even write anymore?), printouts, storing web pages in cache, and downloading pages to your computer, smartphone, tablet, phablet, or other similar internet-connected device. You may view Govregs public-intended information through the Govregs Android and iOS apps.
You are permitted to use, display, publish, distribute, or exploit the content on Govregs which is fetched from government sources and remains copyright-free. Nevertheless, you are not permitted to re-publish, distribute, or exploit for any purposes material directly from Govregs if such activity has an appreciable impact on the function, performance, or security of Govregs, and the source of the material remains hidden to the average user. You are not permitted to re-publish, distribute, or exploit any of the data, in its current presentation, where such distribution is intended to produce financial gain. In other words: you can use public-facing Govregs in whatever lawful way you want, but you can't rip it and sell or distribute it as yours; and you have to tone down your usage of Govregs if we're feeling the performance hit.
Govregs reserves the right to restrict access to any or all sections of Govregs, at our discretion. You are prohibited from circumventing or bypassing, or attempting to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on Govregs.Acceptable Use
- You shall not utilize Govregs in any way that does or may cause damage, interference, or impairment to the performance, availability, accessibility, or functionality of Govregs.
- You shall not utilize Govregs in any way that does or may cause damage, interference, or impairment to the performance, availability, accessibility, or functionality of any website or service from which Govregs sources content.
- You shall not utilize Govregs in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You shall not use Govregs, or any website or service from which Govregs sources content, to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You shall not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on, in relation to, or through Govregs. Such systematic or automated data collection includes, but is not limited to, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting.
- You shall not access or otherwise interact with Govregs using any robot, spider or other automated means, in any manner that does or may cause damage, interference, or impairment to the performance, availability, accessability, or functionality of Govregs.
- You shall not use or reference Govregs for any direct marketing activity. This includes, but is not limited to, direct mailing, telemarketing, legal advertising, email marketing, or SMS marketing.
- You must not use data provided on or collected from Govregs to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities listed anywhere on, through, or by Govregs.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through Govregs, or in relation to Govregs, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- You must not submit information to or through Govregs which is illegal or violative of any law or rule in the jurisdiction in which it such information being submitted.
- You must not use Govregs to knowingly support any activity that is harmful to animals, aliens, or would frustrate the coming of any messiah, whether first appearance or return.
Govregs strives to provide the most accurate and complete information, which it sources, or attempts to source, from three US Federal government websites – including and primarily U.S. Government Publishing Office (http://www.gpo.gov and https://www.ecfr.gov). Govregs attempts to provide to the user the same content the user would have obtained had that user obtained that content directly from the relevant US Federal Government website. Nevertheless, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of any and all content published on Govregs, whether due to the deficiency in the relevant content sourced or the failure of Govregs sourcing operation, nor do we guarantee the successful retrieval of any such information sought from Govregs.
Users should verify any and all information retrieved through Govregs directly from the original sources, including U.S. Government Publishing Office (http://www.gpo.gov and https://www.ecfr.gov).
Information provided on Govregs is provided strictly for informational purposes and is not to be relied upon to make business or legal decisions. Information provided on Govregs is not intended to provide legal advice nor does use of our service create any client or user relationship with Govregs the websites' or applications' owner, RID.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of Govregs or its services, and to stop publishing Govregs, at any time and in our sole discretion, without notice or explanation. Except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website or application services, or if we stop publishing Govregs.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to the limitations and exclusions specified below, RID excludes all representations and warranties, express or implied, relating to this Govregs or the information, materials, and services provided on by or through Govregs.Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
This disclaimer will not limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, or exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The liability limitations and exclusions provided for in this section and elsewhere in this disclaimer are subject to the above exclusion, and govern all liabilities arising under this disclaimer or relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that Govregs and the information and services provided through the website and/or applications are provided free of charge:
- we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature; we will not be liable to you in regards to any losses which arise out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control;
- we will not be liable to you in regards to any business losses, including, but not limited to, loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill, or any special, direct, indirect, or consequential damages;
- we will not be liable to you in regards to any federal agency duties, taxes, fees or penalties incurred, including when these charges result from decisions based on incorrect, inaccurate, or erroneous information, or deficient provision of such information;
- we are not liable for any failure to obtain preferences, rebates, refunds, or other benefits that would otherwise be obtainable;
- and we will not be liable in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
You acknowledge that Govregs is owned and operated by RID. Recognizing our interest in limiting RID's officers' and employees' personal liability, you agree to not not bring any claim personally against any officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with Govregs or this disclaimer.Subject to Change
We may update, revise, or otherwise modify this disclaimer from time to time. Any such changed disclaimer shall apply to the use of Govregs from the time of publication of the changed disclaimer, which shall be published on this website and supplant the current disclaimer. The bottom of the disclaimer will always reflect the most recent date of the disclaimer's modification.Severability
This disclaimer remains severable; if any provision of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be void, unlawful, and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of this disclaimer would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.Law and jurisdiction
This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Virginia.
In the event a dispute shall arise relating to the use of Govregs or to this disclaimer, it is hereby agreed that the dispute shall be referred to United States Arbitration and Mediation for arbitration in accordance with United States Arbitration and Mediation Rules of Arbitration. The arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding and judgement may be entered thereon. In the event a party fails to proceed with arbitration, or fails to comply with arbitrator’s award, the other party is entitled of costs of suit including a reasonable attorney’s fee for having to compel arbitration or defend or enforce the award.Ownership & Contact Information
Govregs is wholly owned and controlled by RID. Subject to any exclusions which govern non-copyrightable content presented in this website, R.I. Diversified reserves all copyright and intellectual property rights in Govregs.
You can contact RID through the following methods:
Email: Contact page
Phone: (202) 595-8998
50 Sutton Place South, Ste. 14A
New York, NY 10022