U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Dec 09, 2019
(a) In addition to the requirements of subpart 4.05 of this chapter and 33 CFR 146.30, the person-in-charge shall notify the Officer-in-Charge, Marine Inspection, as soon as possible after a diving casualty occurs, if the casualty involves any of the following:
(1) Loss of life.
(2) Diving-related injury to any person causing incapacitation for more than 72 hours.
(3) Diving-related injury to any person requiring hospitalization for more than 24 hours.
(b) The notice required by this section must contain the following:
(1) Name and official number (if applicable) of the vessel or facility.
(2) Name of the owner or agent of the vessel or facility.
(3) Name of the person-in-charge.
(4) Name of the diving supervisor.
(5) Description of the casualty including presumed cause.
(6) Nature and extent of the injury to persons.
(c) The notice required by this section is not required if the written report required by § 197.486 is submitted within 5 days of the casualty.