U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Sep 20, 2019
(a) Delegations. Pursuant to § 2.38(a)(2), the following delegations of authority are made by the Director, Office of Partnerships and Public Engagement to the Director, Office of Tribal Relations.
(1) Serve as the Department's primary point of contact for tribal issues.
(2) Advise the Secretary on policies related to Indian tribes.
(3) Serve as the official with principal responsibility for the implementation of Executive Order 13175, “Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments,” including the provision of Department-wide guidance and oversight regarding tribal consultation, coordination, and collaboration.
(4) Coordinate the Department's programs involving assistance to American Indians and Alaska Natives.
(5) Enter into cooperative agreements to improve the coordination and effectiveness of Federal programs, services, and actions affecting rural areas (7 U.S.C. 2204b(b)(4)); and to provide outreach and technical assistance to socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers and veteran farmers and ranchers (7 U.S.C. 2279(a)(3)).