United States Code

USC most recently checked for updates: May 29, 2020

§ 6627.
Compensation for lost or damaged property
In general

Any amounts received by the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate (in this section referred to as the “Sergeant at Arms”) for compensation for damage to, loss of, or loss of use of property of the Sergeant at Arms that was procured using amounts available to the Sergeant at Arms in the account for Contingent Expenses, Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate, shall be credited to that account or, if applicable, to any subaccount of that account.


Amounts credited to any account or subaccount under subsection (a) shall be merged with amounts in that account or subaccount and shall be available to the same extent, and subject to the same terms and conditions, as amounts in that account or subaccount.

Effective date

This section shall apply with respect to fiscal year 2005 and each fiscal year thereafter.

(Pub. L. 108–447, div. G, title I, § 8, Dec. 8, 2004, 118 Stat. 3170.)
cite as: 2 USC 6627