Change of Name
“United States Bureau of Mines” substituted in text for “Bureau of Mines” pursuant to
[section 10(b) of Pub. L. 102–285], set out as a note under section 1 of this title. For provisions relating to closure and transfer of functions of the United States Bureau of Mines, see Transfer of Functions note set out under section 1 of this title.
[Act June 21, 1950, ch. 338, § 3], [64 Stat. 248], provided that: “In order to carry out the purposes of this Act [enacting this chapter] there is hereby authorized to be appropriated, out of any money in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, the sum of (a) $750,000 for the erection and equipment of a building or buildings, including plumbing, lighting, heating, ventilation, general service, experimental equipment and apparatus, the necessary roads, walks, and ground improvements; and (b) $250,000 annually for the maintenance and operation of the experiment station, including personal services, supplies, equipment, and expenses of travel and subsistence.”