- § 12731. Age and service requirements
- § 12731a. Temporary special retirement qualification authority
- § 12731b. Special rule for members with physical disabilities not incurred in line of duty
- § 12732. Entitlement to retired pay: computation of years of service
- § 12733. Computation of retired pay: computation of years of service
- § 12734. Time not creditable toward years of service
- § 12735. Inactive status list
- § 12736. Service credited for retired pay benefits not excluded for other benefits
- § 12737. Limitation on active duty
- § 12738. Limitations on revocation of retired pay
- § 12739. Computation of retired pay
- § 12740. Eligibility: denial upon certain punitive discharges or dismissals
- § 12741. Retirement for service in an active status performed in the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve after eligibility for regular retirement
No period of service included wholly or partly in determining a person’s right to, or the amount of, retired pay under this chapter may be excluded in determining his eligibility for any annuity, pension, or old-age benefit, under any other law, on account of civilian employment by the United States or otherwise, or in determining the amount payable under that law, if that service is otherwise properly credited under it.
A member of the armed forces may not be ordered to active duty solely for the purpose of qualifying the member for retired pay under this chapter.