- § 302101. Maintenance by Secretary
- § 302102. Inclusion of properties on National Register
- § 302103. Criteria and regulations relating to National Register, National Historic Landmarks, and World Heritage List
- § 302104. Nominations for inclusion on National Register
- § 302105. Owner participation in nomination process
- § 302106. Retention of name
- § 302107. Regulations
- § 302108. Review of threats to historic property
The Secretary may expand and maintain a National Register of Historic Places composed of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects significant in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering, and culture.
Notwithstanding section 43(c) of the Act of July 5, 1946 (known as the Trademark Act of 1946) (15 U.S.C. 1125(c)), buildings and structures on or eligible for inclusion on the National Register (either individually or as part of a historic district), or designated as an individual landmark or as a contributing building in a historic district by a unit of State or local government, may retain the name historically associated with the building or structure.