- § 302901. Awarding of grants and availability of grant funds
- § 302902. Grants to States
- § 302903. Grants to National Trust
- § 302904. Direct grants for the preservation of properties included on National Register
- § 302905. Religious property
- § 302906. Grants and loans to Indian tribes and nonprofit organizations representing ethnic or minority groups
- § 302907. Grants to Indian tribes and Native Hawaiian organizations
- § 302908. Grants to the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau
- § 302909. Prohibited use of grant amounts
- § 302910. Recordkeeping
The Secretary may, in consultation with the appropriate State Historic Preservation Officer, make grants or loans or both under this subdivision to Indian tribes and to nonprofit organizations representing ethnic or minority groups for the preservation of their cultural heritage.
The Secretary shall administer a program of direct grants to Indian tribes and Native Hawaiian organizations for the purpose of carrying out this division as it pertains to Indian tribes and Native Hawaiian organizations. Matching fund requirements may be modified. Federal funds available to an Indian tribe or Native Hawaiian organization may be used as matching funds for the purposes of the Indian tribe’s or Native Hawaiian organization’s conducting its responsibilities pursuant to this subdivision.
No part of any grant made under this subdivision shall be used to compensate any person intervening in any proceeding under this division.