- § 320101. Declaration of national policy
- § 320102. Powers and duties of Secretary
- § 320103. Cooperation with governmental and private agencies and individuals
- § 320104. Jurisdiction of States in acquired land
- § 320105. Criminal penalties
- § 320106. Limitation on obligation or expenditure of appropriated amounts
It is declared that it is a national policy to preserve for public use historic sites, buildings, and objects of national significance for the inspiration and benefit of the people of the United States.
Nothing in this chapter shall be held to deprive any State, or political subdivision of a State, of its civil and criminal jurisdiction in and over land acquired by the United States under this chapter.
Criminal penalties for a violation of a regulation authorized by this chapter are provided by section 1866 of title 18.