U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 23, 2020
(a) The following items constitute the record upon which the award determination under § 165.7 shall be made:
(1) The whistleblower's Form TCR, “Tip, Complaint or Referral,” including related attachments, and other documentation provided by the whistleblower to the Commission;
(2) The whistleblower's Form WB-APP, “Application for Award for Original Information Provided Pursuant to Section 23 of the Commodity Exchange Act,” and related attachments;
(3) The complaint, notice of hearing, answers and any amendments thereto;
(4) The final judgment, consent order, or administrative speaking order;
(5) The transcript of the related administrative hearing or civil injunctive proceeding, including any exhibits entered at the hearing or proceeding;
(6) Any other documents that appear on the docket of the proceeding;
(7) Sworn declarations (including attachments) from the Commission's Division of Enforcement staff regarding any matters relevant to the award determination;
(8) With respect to an award claim involving a Related Action, any statements or other information that an entity provides or identifies in connection with an award determination, provided the entity has authorized the Commission to share the information with the claimant. (Neither the Commission nor the Claims Review Staff may rely upon information that the entity has not authorized the Commission to share with the applicant); and
(9) Any other documents or materials including sworn declarations from third-parties that are received or obtained by the Whistleblower Office to assist the Commission resolve the applicant's award application, including information related to the claimant's eligibility. (Neither the Commission nor the Claims Review Staff may rely upon information that a third party has not authorized the Commission to share with the claimant).
(b) The rules in this part do not entitle a claimant to obtain from the Commission any materials (including any pre-decisional or internal deliberative process materials that are prepared to assist the Commission or Claims Review Staff in deciding the claim) other than those listed in paragraph (a) of this section. The Whistleblower Office may make redactions as necessary to comply with any statutory restrictions, to protect the Commission's law enforcement and regulatory functions, and to comply with requests for confidential treatment from other law enforcement and regulatory authorities.