U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Aug 04, 2020
(a) Section 552(a) of title 5, United States Code, provides, in part, that “matter reasonably available to the class of persons affected thereby is deemed published in the
(b) The Director will interpret and apply the language of section 552(a) together with other requirements which govern publication in the
(1) The Federal Register Act (44 U.S.C. 1501 et seq.)
(2) The Administrative Procedure Act (5 U.S.C. 551 et seq.);
(3) The regulations of the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register under the Federal Register Act (1 CFR Ch. I); and
(4) The acts which require publication in the
(c) The Director will assume in carrying out the responsibilities for incorporation by reference that incorporation by reference -
(1) Is intended to benefit both the Federal Government and the members of the class affected; and
(2) Is not intended to detract from the legal or practical attributes of the system established by the Federal Register Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, the regulations of the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register, and the acts which require publication in the
(d) The Director will carry out the responsibilities by applying the standards of part 51 fairly and uniformly.
(e) Publication in the
(f) Incorporation by reference of a publication is limited to the edition of the publication that is approved. Future amendments or revisions of the publication are not included.