Subpart H. Evidence
- SECTION § 404.701 - Introduction.
- SECTION § 404.702 - Definitions.
- SECTION § 404.703 - When evidence is needed.
- SECTION § 404.704 - Your responsibility for giving evidence.
- SECTION § 404.705 - Failure to give requested evidence.
- SECTION § 404.706 - Where to give evidence.
- SECTION § 404.707 - Original records or copies as evidence.
- SECTION § 404.708 - How we decide what is enough evidence.
- SECTION § 404.709 - Preferred evidence and other evidence.
Evidence of Age, Marriage, and Death
- SECTION § 404.715 - When evidence of age is needed.
- SECTION § 404.716 - Type of evidence of age to be given.
- SECTION § 404.720 - Evidence of a person's death.
- SECTION § 404.721 - Evidence to presume a person is dead.
- SECTION § 404.722 - Rebuttal of a presumption of death.
- SECTION § 404.723 - When evidence of marriage is required.
- SECTION § 404.725 - Evidence of a valid ceremonial marriage.
- SECTION § 404.726 - Evidence of common-law marriage.
- SECTION § 404.727 - Evidence of a deemed valid marriage.
- SECTION § 404.728 - Evidence a marriage has ended.
Evidence for Child's and Parent's Benefits
- SECTION § 404.730 - When evidence of a parent or child relationship is needed.
- SECTION § 404.731 - Evidence you are a natural parent or child.
- SECTION § 404.732 - Evidence you are a stepparent or stepchild.
- SECTION § 404.733 - Evidence you are the legally adopting parent or legally adopted child.
- SECTION § 404.734 - Evidence you are an equitably adopted child.
- SECTION § 404.735 - Evidence you are the grandchild or stepgrandchild.
- SECTION § 404.736 - Evidence of a child's dependency.
- SECTION § 404.745 - Evidence of school attendance for child age 18 or older.
- SECTION § 404.750 - Evidence of a parent's support.
Other Evidence Requirements
- SECTION § 404.760 - Evidence of living in the same household with insured person.
- SECTION § 404.762 - What is acceptable evidence of having a child in my care?
- SECTION § 404.770 - Evidence of where the insured person had a permanent home.
- SECTION § 404.780 - Evidence of “good cause” for exceeding time limits on accepting proof of support or application for a lump-sum death payment.