View all text of Subjgrp 199 [§ 404.1588 - § 404.1599]

§ 404.1592d - How do I request reinstatement?

(a) You must make your request for reinstatement in writing.

(b) You must have filed your request on or after January 1, 2001.

(c) You must provide the information we request so that we can determine whether you meet the requirements for reinstatement as indicated in § 404.1592c.

(d) If you request reinstatement under § 404.1592c(a)—

(1) We must receive your request within the consecutive 60-month period that begins with the month in which your entitlement terminated due to doing substantial gainful activity. If we receive your request after the 60-month period we can grant you an extension if we determine you had good cause under the standards explained in § 404.911 for not filing the request timely; and

(2) You must certify that you are disabled, that your current impairment(s) is the same as or related to the impairment(s) that we used as the basis for the benefit you are requesting to be reinstated, and that you are unable to do substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.

[70 FR 57142, Sept. 30, 2005]