U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Dec 01, 2020
(a) Requirement. For each fiscal year, the DHHL must:
(1) Review the progress the DHHL has made during that fiscal year in achieving goals stated in its housing plan; and
(2) Submit a report in a form acceptable to HUD, within 60 days of the end of the DHHL's fiscal year, to HUD describing the conclusions of the review.
(b) Content. Each report submitted under this section for a fiscal year shall:
(1) Describe the use of grant amounts provided to the DHHL for that fiscal year;
(2) Assess the relationship of the use referred to in paragraph (b)(1), of this section, to the goals identified in its housing plan;
(3) Indicate the programmatic accomplishments of the DHHL; and
(4) Describe the manner in which the DHHL would change its housing plan as a result of its experiences administering the grant under the Act.
(c) Public availability - (1) Comments by Native Hawaiians. In preparing a report under this section, the DHHL shall make the report publicly available to Native Hawaiians who are eligible to reside on the Hawaiian Home Lands and give a sufficient amount of time to permit them to comment on that report, in such manner and at such time as the DHHL may determine, before it is submitted to HUD .
(2) Summary of comments. The report under this section must include a summary of any comments received by the DHHL from beneficiaries under paragraph (c)(1) of this section, regarding the program to carry out the housing plan.
(d) HUD review. HUD will:
(1) Review each report submitted under the Act and this part; and
(2) With respect to each such report, make recommendations as HUD considers appropriate to carry out the purposes of the Act.