Part 14. LEGAL SERVICES, GENERAL COUNSEL, AND MISCELLANEOUS CLAIMS
- § 14.500 - Functions and responsibilities of General Counsel.
- § 14.501 - Functions and responsibilities of Regional Counsels.
- § 14.502 - Requests for legal opinions from Central Office.
- § 14.503 - Requests for legal advice and assistance in other than domestic relations matters.
- § 14.504 - Domestic relations questions, authority and exceptions.
- § 14.505 - Submissions.
- § 14.507 - Opinions.
Litigation (Other Than Under the Federal Tort Claims Act); Indemnification
- SECTION § 14.514 - Suits by or against United States or Department of Veterans Affairs officials; indemnification of Department of Veterans Affairs employees.
- SECTION § 14.515 - Suits involving loan guaranty matters.
- SECTION § 14.516 - Escheat and post fund cases.
- SECTION § 14.517 - Cases affecting the Department of Veterans Affairs generally.
- SECTION § 14.518 - Litigation involving beneficiaries in custody of Department of Veterans Affairs employees acting in official capacity.
Federal Tort Claims
- SECTION § 14.600 - Federal Tort Claims Act - general.
- SECTION § 14.601 - Investigation and development.
- SECTION § 14.602 - Requests for medical information.
- SECTION § 14.603 - Disposition of claims.
- SECTION § 14.604 - Filing a claim.
- SECTION § 14.605 - Suits against Department of Veterans Affairs employees arising out of a wrongful act or omission or based upon medical care and treatment furnished in or for the Veterans Health Administration.
Administrative Settlement of Tort Claims Arising in Foreign Countries
Claims for Damage to or Loss of Government Property
Claims for Cost of Medical Care and Services
Representation of Department of Veterans Affairs Claimants; Recognition of Organizations, Accredited Representatives, Attorneys, Agents; Rules of Practice and Information Concerning Fees, 38 U.S.C. 5901-5905
- SECTION § 14.626 - Purpose.
- SECTION § 14.627 - Definitions.
- SECTION § 14.628 - Recognition of organizations.
- SECTION § 14.629 - Requirements for accreditation of service organization representatives; agents; and attorneys.
- SECTION § 14.630 - Authorization for a particular claim.
- SECTION § 14.631 - Powers of attorney; disclosure of claimant information.
- SECTION § 14.632 - Standards of conduct for persons providing representation before the Department
- SECTION § 14.633 - Termination of accreditation or authority to provide representation under § 14.630.
- SECTION § 14.634 - Banks or trust companies acting as guardians.
- SECTION § 14.635 - Office space and facilities.
- SECTION § 14.636 - Payment of fees for representation by agents and attorneys in proceedings before Agencies of Original Jurisdiction and before the Board of Veterans' Appeals.
- SECTION § 14.637 - Payment of the expenses of agents and attorneys in proceedings before Agencies of Original Jurisdiction and before the Board of Veterans' Appeals.
Commitments - Fiduciaries
- SECTION § 14.700 - Court cost and expenses; commitment, restoration, fiduciary appointments.
- SECTION § 14.701 - Commitment and restoration proceedings.
- SECTION § 14.702 - Medical testimony in commitment or restoration proceedings.
- SECTION § 14.703 - Costs in commitment or restoration proceedings.
- SECTION § 14.704 - Authorization of transportation necessary for commitment of a veteran beneficiary.
- SECTION § 14.705 - Authority to file petitions for appointment of fiduciaries in State courts.
- SECTION § 14.706 - Legal services in behalf of beneficiaries.
- SECTION § 14.707 - Authorization of transportation of a veteran beneficiary for appointment of a fiduciary.
- SECTION § 14.708 - Costs and other expenses incident to appointment of fiduciary.
- SECTION § 14.709 - Surety bonds; court-appointed fiduciary.
Testimony of Department Personnel and Production of Department Records in Legal Proceedings
- SECTION § 14.800 - Purpose.
- SECTION § 14.801 - Applicability.
- SECTION § 14.802 - Definitions.
- SECTION § 14.803 - Policy.
- SECTION § 14.804 - Factors to consider.
- SECTION § 14.805 - Contents of a demand or request.
- SECTION § 14.806 - Scope of testimony or production.
- SECTION § 14.807 - Procedure when demand or request is made.
- SECTION § 14.808 - Expert or opinion testimony.
- SECTION § 14.809 - Demands or requests in legal proceedings for records protected by confidentiality statutes.
- SECTION § 14.810 - Fees.