§ 510.1 - Basis and scope.
(a) Basis. This part implements the test of the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement model under section 1115A of the Act. Except as specifically noted in this part, the regulations under this part must not be construed to affect the payment, coverage, program integrity, or other requirements (such as those in parts 412 and 482 of this chapter) that apply to providers and suppliers under this chapter.
(b) Scope. This part sets forth the following:
(1) The participants in the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement model.
(2) The episodes being tested in the model.
(3) The methodology for pricing and payment under the model.
(4) Quality performance standards and quality reporting requirements.
(5) Safeguards to ensure preservation of beneficiary choice and beneficiary notification.