Subpart P. Appeals
- § 137.410 - For the purposes of section 110 of the Act [25 U.S.C. 450m-1] does the term contract include compacts, funding agreements, and construction project agreements entered into under Title V?
- SECTION § 137.415 - What decisions may an Indian Tribe appeal under through 137.436?
- SECTION § 137.416 - Do §through 137.436 apply to any other disputes?
- SECTION § 137.417 - What procedures apply to Interior Board of Indian Appeals (IBIA) proceedings?
- SECTION § 137.418 - How does an Indian Tribe know where and when to file its appeal from decisions made by IHS?
- SECTION § 137.419 - What authority does the IBIA have under §through 137.436?
- SECTION § 137.420 - Does an Indian Tribe have any options besides an appeal?
- SECTION § 137.421 - How does an Indian Tribe request an informal conference?
- SECTION § 137.422 - How is an informal conference held?
- SECTION § 137.423 - What happens after the informal conference?
- SECTION § 137.424 - Is the recommended decision from the informal conference final for the Secretary?
- SECTION § 137.425 - How does an Indian Tribe appeal the initial decision if it does not request an informal conference or if it does not agree with the recommended decision resulting from the informal conference?
- SECTION § 137.426 - May an Indian Tribe get an extension of time to file a notice of appeal?
- SECTION § 137.427 - What happens after an Indian Tribe files an appeal?
- SECTION § 137.428 - How is a hearing arranged?
- SECTION § 137.429 - What happens when a hearing is necessary?
- SECTION § 137.430 - What is the Secretary's burden of proof for appeals covered by § 137.415?
- SECTION § 137.431 - What rights do Indian Tribes and the Secretary have during the appeal process?
- SECTION § 137.432 - What happens after the hearing?
- SECTION § 137.433 - Is the recommended decision always final?
- SECTION § 137.434 - If an Indian Tribe objects to the recommended decision, what will the Secretary do?
- SECTION § 137.435 - Will an appeal adversely affect the Indian Tribe's rights in other compact, funding negotiations, or construction project agreement?
- SECTION § 137.436 - Will the decisions on appeal be available for the public to review?
Appeals of an Immediate Reassumption of a Self-Governance Program
- SECTION § 137.440 - What happens in the case of an immediate reassumption under section 507(a)(2)(C) of the Act [25 U.S.C. 458aaa-6(a)(2)(C)]?
- SECTION § 137.441 - Will there be a hearing?
- SECTION § 137.442 - What happens after the hearing?
- SECTION § 137.443 - Is the recommended decision always final?
- SECTION § 137.444 - If a Self-Governance Tribe objects to the recommended decision, what action will the Secretary take?
- SECTION § 137.445 - Will an immediate reassumption appeal adversely affect the Self-Governance Tribe's rights in other self-governance negotiations?
Equal Access to Justice Act Fees