§ 24.7 - Inapplicability of provisions regarding appointments.
(a) Appointments to the Service shall be made without regard to the provisions of title 5 of the U.S. Code regarding appointments.
(b) Members of the Service shall not be covered by the following provisions of title 5 of the U.S. Code:
(1) Subchapter I of chapter 35 (relating to retention preference in the event of reduction in force);
(2) Chapter 43 (relating to performance appraisal and performance-based actions);
(3) Chapter 51 (relating to classification);
(4) Subchapter III of chapter 53 (relating to General Schedule pay rates); and
(5) Chapter 75 (relating to adverse actions).