§ 70.14 - Requirements relating to the issuance of a Federal order for quarantine, isolation, or conditional release.
(a) A Federal order authorizing quarantine, isolation, or conditional release shall be in writing, signed by the Director, and contain the following information:
(1) The identity of the individual or group subject to the order;
(2) The location of the quarantine or isolation or, in the case of conditional release, the entity to who and means by which the individual shall report for public health supervision;
(3) An explanation of the factual basis underlying the Director's reasonable belief that the individual is in the qualifying stage of a quarantinable communicable disease;
(4) An explanation of the factual basis underlying the Director's reasonable belief that the individual is moving or about to move from one State into another or constitutes a probable source of infection to others who may be moving from one State into another;
(5) An explanation that the Federal order will be reassessed no later than 72 hours after it has been served and an explanation of the medical review of the Federal order pursuant to this part, including the right to request a medical review, present witnesses and testimony at the medical review, and to be represented at the medical review by either an advocate (e.g., an attorney, family member, or physician) at the individual's own expense, or, if indigent, to have representatives appointed at the government's expense;
(6) An explanation of the criminal penalties for violating a Federal order of quarantine, isolation, or conditional release; and
(7) An explanation that if a medical examination is required as part of the Federal order that the examination will be conducted by an authorized and licensed health worker, and with prior informed consent.
(b) A Federal order authorizing quarantine, isolation, or conditional release shall be served on the individual no later than 72 hours after the individual has been apprehended, except that the Federal order may be published or posted in a conspicuous location if the Federal order is applicable to a group of individuals and individual service would be impracticable.
(c) The Director shall arrange for translation or interpretation services of the Federal order as needed.
(d) Nothing in this section shall affect the constitutional or statutory rights of individuals to obtain judicial review of their Federal detention.