U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Dec 12, 2019
(a) Upon completion of the hearing and the incorporation of the transcript in the record, the administrative law judge will issue and serve on the parties, as specified by the Board under § 4.415(c)(2):
(1) Proposed findings of fact on the issues presented at the hearing;
(2) A recommended decision that includes findings of fact and conclusions of law and that advises the parties of their right to file exceptions under paragraph (c) of this section; or
(3) A decision that will be final for the Department unless a notice of appeal is filed in accordance with § 4.411.
(b) The administrative law judge will promptly send to the Board the record and:
(1) The proposed findings;
(2) The recommended decision; or
(3) The final decision if a timely notice of appeal is filed.
(c) The parties will have 30 days from service of the recommended decision to file exceptions with the Board.