U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Jul 10, 2020
(a) The request for review shall include:
(1) A copy of the decision of OSM;
(2) A statement of the alleged errors in the decision and the facts that entitle the person requesting review to administrative relief;
(3) A statement whether the person requesting review wishes an evidentiary hearing or waives the opportunity for such a hearing;
(4) A request for specific relief; and
(5) Any other relevant information.
(b) Within 20 days of service of the request for review in accordance with 43 CFR 4.1109, OSM and all interested parties shall file an answer to the request for review or a motion in response to the request or a statement that no answer or motion will be filed. OSM or any interested party may request an evidentiary hearing even if the person requesting review has waived the opportunity for a hearing.
(c) The person filing the request for review may amend it once as a matter of right before the response in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section is required to be filed. After the period for filing such a response, the person may file a motion for leave to amend the request with the administrative law judge. If the administrative law judge grants a motion for leave to amend, he shall provide OSM and any other party that filed a response in accordance with paragraph (b) not less than 10 days to file an amended response.