§ 197.436 - Liveboating.
(a) During liveboating operations, the person-in-charge shall insure that -
(1) Diving is not conducted in seas that impede station-keeping ability of the vessel;
(2) Liveboating operations are not conducted -
(i) From 1 hour after sunset to 1 hour before sunrise; or
(ii) During periods of restricted visibility;
(3) The propellers of the vessel are stopped before the diver enters or exits the water; and
(4) A boat is ready to be launched with crew in the event of an emergency.
(b) As used in paragraph (a)(2)(ii) of this section, restricted visibility means any condition in which vessel navigational visibility is restricted by fog, mist, falling snow, heavy rainstorms, sandstorms or any other similar causes.
(c) During liveboating operations, the diving supervisor shall insure that -
(1) Diving is not conducted at depths greater than 220 fsw;
(2) Diving is not conducted in seas that impede diver mobility or work function;
(3) A means is used to prevent the diver's hose from entangling in the propellers of the vessel;
(4) Each diver carries a reserve breathing gas supply;
(5) A standby diver is available while a diver is in the water;
(6) Diving is not conducted with in-water decompression times greater than 120 minutes; and
(7) The person-in-charge is notified before a diver enters or exits the water.