§ 28.800 - Applicability and general requirements.
(a) This subpart applies to each fish tender vessel engaged in the Aleutian trade that has not undergone a major conversion and:
(1) Was operated in Aleutian trade before September 8, 1990; or
(2) Was purchased to be used in the Aleutian trade before September 8, 1990, and entered into service in the Aleutian trade before June 1, 1992.
(b) Except as noted otherwise in this subpart, a vessel subject to this subpart must also comply with the requirements of subparts A, B, and C of this part.
(c) Each fish tender vessel engaged in the Aleutian trade that undergoes a major conversion after September 15, 1991 must comply with the additional requirements of subpart D.
(d) A fish tender vessel engaged in the Aleutian trade is subject to inspection under the provisions of 46 U.S.C. 3301 (1), (6), or (7) unless it:
(1) Is not more than 500 gross tons;
(2) Has an incline test performed by a marine surveyor; and
(3) Has written stability instructions posted on board the vessel.