U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Jul 06, 2020
(a) Interpretive rules, general statements of policy, and rules relating to organization, procedure, or practice may be issued as final without notice or other public rulemaking proceedings.
(b) General rulemaking proceedings will be opened by the issuance of either a notice of intent to institute a rulemaking proceeding, an advance notice of proposed rulemaking, or a notice of proposed rules. The Board will publish the notice in the
(c) Notices of proposed rulemakings will include:
(1) The proposed rules, if prepared;
(2) A discussion of why the rulemakings are needed and what they are intended to accomplish;
(3) Identification of significant dates in the proceedings, such as dates by which comments must be filed or on which the rules are proposed to take effect;
(4) Any relevant addresses;
(5) The name and phone number of an individual within the Board who can provide further information concerning the proceedings;
(6) Any supplementary information required; and
(7) Reference to the legal authority under which the rules are proposed.
(d) In addition to being published in the