U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Feb 26, 2020
(a) General. To be eligible to receive designation as a HSACU, colleges and universities must:
(1) Qualify as Hispanic-serving Institutions; and
(2) Offer associate, bachelors, or other accredited degree programs in agriculture-related fields pursuant to § 3434.5.
(b) Non-eligibility. The following colleges and universities are ineligible for HSACU certification:
(1) 1862 land-grant institutions, as defined in section 2 of the Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act of 1998 (7 U.S.C. 7601);
(2) Institutions that appear in the Lists of Parties Excluded from Federal financial and nonfinancial assistance and benefits programs (Excluded Parties List System);
(3) Institutions that are not accredited by a nationally recognized accredited agency or association; and
(4) Institutions with Hispanic students receiving less than 15% of the degrees awarded in agriculture-related programs over the two most recent completed academic years.