Statement furnished by customer to financial institution and Government authority; contents
A customer may authorize disclosure under section 3402(1) of this title if he furnishes to the financial institution and to the Government authority seeking to obtain such disclosure a signed and dated statement which—
(1) authorizes such disclosure for a period not in excess of three months;
(2) states that the customer may revoke such authorization at any time before the financial records are disclosed;
(3) identifies the financial records which are authorized to be disclosed;
(4) specifies the purposes for which, and the Government authority to which, such records may be disclosed; and
(5) states the customer’s rights under this chapter.
Right of customer to access to financial institution’s record of disclosures
The customer has the right, unless the Government authority obtains a court order as provided in section 3409 of this title, to obtain a copy of the record which the financial institution shall keep of all instances in which the customer’s record is disclosed to a Government authority pursuant to this section, including the identity of the Government authority to which such disclosure is made.
(Pub. L. 95–630, title XI, § 1104, Nov. 10, 1978, 92 Stat. 3698; Pub. L. 96–3, Mar. 7, 1979, 93 Stat. 5.)