View all text of Subchapter CXXXVII [§ 460zzz - § 460zzz-7]
§ 460zzz–6. Advisory Council
Not later than 180 days after March 30, 2009, the Secretary shall establish an advisory council, to be known as the “Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area Advisory Council”.
The Council shall advise the Secretary with respect to the preparation and implementation of the management plan.
(c) Applicable lawThe Council shall be subject to—
(1) chapter 10 of title 5; and
(2) the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.).
(d) MembersThe Council shall include 10 members to be appointed by the Secretary, of whom, to the extent practicable—
(1) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the Mesa County Commission;
(2) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the Montrose County Commission;
(3) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the Delta County Commission;
(4) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the permittees holding grazing allotments within the Conservation Area or the Wilderness; and
(5) 5 members shall reside in, or within reasonable proximity to, Mesa County, Delta County, or Montrose County, Colorado, with backgrounds that reflect—
(A) the purposes for which the Conservation Area or Wilderness was established; and
(B) the interests of the stakeholders that are affected by the planning and management of the Conservation Area and Wilderness.
The Secretary shall ensure that the membership of the Council is fairly balanced in terms of the points of view represented and the functions to be performed by the Council.
The Council shall terminate on the date that is 1 year from the date on which the management plan is adopted by the Secretary.
(Pub. L. 111–11, title II, § 2407, Mar. 30, 2009, 123 Stat. 1107; Pub. L. 117–286, § 4(a)(97), Dec. 27, 2022, 136 Stat. 4316.)