§ 410hhh–3. Great Sand Dunes National Preserve, Colorado
(a) Establishment of Great Sand Dunes National Preserve
(1) There is hereby established the Great Sand Dunes National Preserve in the State of Colorado, as generally depicted on the map, as a unit of the National Park System.
(2) Administrative jurisdiction of lands and interests therein administered by the Secretary of Agriculture within the boundaries of the preserve is transferred to the Secretary of the Interior, to be administered as part of the preserve. The Secretary of Agriculture shall modify the boundaries of the Rio Grande National Forest to exclude the transferred lands from the forest boundaries.
(b) Map and legal description
(1) As soon as practicable after the establishment of the national park and the preserve, the Secretary shall file maps and a legal description of the national park and the preserve with the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources of the Senate and the Committee on Resources of the House of Representatives.
(2) The map and legal description shall have the same force and effect as if included in this subchapter, except that the Secretary may correct clerical and typographical errors in the legal description and maps.
(3) The map and legal description shall be on file and available for public inspection in the appropriate offices of the National Park Service.
(c) Boundary survey
As soon as practicable after the establishment of the national park and preserve and subject to the availability of funds, the Secretary shall complete an official boundary survey.
(Pub. L. 106–530, § 5, Nov. 22, 2000, 114 Stat. 2529.)