View all text of Subchapter LIX- Q [§ 410ss - § 410ss-1]

§ 410ss. Establishment
(a) In general

In order to protect and interpret, for the education and benefit of the public, sites in the State of Arizona associated with the early Spanish missionaries and explorers of the 17th and 18th centuries, there is hereby established the Tumacacori National Historical Park (hereinafter in this subchapter referred to as the “park”).

(b) Area included

The park shall consist of the existing Tumacacori National Monument, together with (1) the ruins of Los Santos Angeles de Guevavi, the first mission in Arizona (consisting of approximately 8 acres) and (2) the Kino visita and rancheria ruins of Calabazas (consisting of approximately 22 acres), each as generally depicted on the map entitled “Boundary Map, Tumacacori National Historical Park”, numbered 311/80018, and dated February 1990. The park shall also consist of approximately 310 acres of land adjacent to the original Tumacacori unit of the park and generally depicted on the map entitled “Tumacacori National Historical Park, Arizona Proposed Boundary Revision 2001”, numbered 310/80,044, and dated July 2001. The maps shall be on file and available for public inspection in the appropriate offices of the National Park Service, Department of the Interior.

(c) Abolition of monument

The Tumacacori National Monument is hereby abolished and any funds available for purposes of the monument shall be available for purposes of the park.

(Pub. L. 101–344, § 1, Aug. 6, 1990, 104 Stat. 393; Pub. L. 107–218, § 3, Aug. 21, 2002, 116 Stat. 1328.)