§ 410uu–1. Expansion of boundaries (a) In general
The boundaries of the Hopewell Culture National Historical Park (referred to as the “park”) are revised to include the lands within the areas marked for inclusion in the monument as generally depicted on—
(1) the map entitled “Hopeton Earthworks” numbered 353–80025 and dated July 1987;
(2) the map entitled “High Banks Works” numbered 353–80027 and dated July 1987;
(3) the map entitled “Hopewell Mound Group” numbered 353–80029 and dated July 1987;
(4) the map entitled “Seip Earthworks” numbered 353–80033 and dated July 1987; and
(5) the map entitled “Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, Ohio Proposed Boundary Adjustment” numbered 353/80,049 and dated June, 2006.
(b) Public inspection of maps
Each map described in subsection (a) shall be on file and available for public inspection in the office of the Director of the National Park Service, Department of the Interior.
(c) Adjustment of boundaries
The Secretary of the Interior (referred to as the “Secretary”) may, by notice in the Federal Register after receipt of public comment, make minor adjustments in the boundaries of areas added to the park by subsection (a) and other areas of the park: Provided, That any such minor boundary adjustments cumulatively shall not cause the total acreage of the park to increase more than 10 per centum above the existing acreage of Mound City Group National Monument, plus the acreage of the inclusions authorized under subsection (a).
(d) Acquisition of lands
(1) Subject to paragraph (2), the Secretary may acquire lands and interests in land within the areas added to the park by subsection (a) by donation, purchase with donated or appropriated funds, or exchange.
(A) Lands and interests in land owned by the State of Ohio or a political subdivision thereof may be acquired only by donation or exchange.
(B) Lands and interests in land may be acquired by purchase at a price based on the fair market value thereof as determined by independent appraisal, consistent with the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (42 U.S.C. 4601 et seq.).
(3) The Secretary may acquire lands added by subsection (a)(5) only from willing sellers.
(Pub. L. 102–294, § 2, May 27, 1992, 106 Stat. 185; Pub. L. 111–11, title VII, § 7104, Mar. 30, 2009, 123 Stat. 1191.)