§ 410vv. Purposes
The purposes of this subchapter are—
(1) to interpret the history and evolution of conservation stewardship in America;
(2) to recognize and interpret the contributions and birthplace of George Perkins Marsh, pioneering environmentalist, author of Man and Nature, statesman, lawyer, and linguist;
(3) to recognize and interpret the contributions of Frederick Billings, conservationist, pioneer in reforestation and scientific farm management, lawyer, philanthropist, and railroad builder, who extended the principles of land management introduced by Marsh;
(4) to preserve the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller Mansion and its surrounding lands; and
(5) to recognize the significant contributions of Julia Billings, Mary Billings French, Mary French Rockefeller, and Laurance Spelman Rockefeller in perpetuating the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller heritage.
(Pub. L. 102–350, § 2, Aug. 26, 1992,