Prescription drug take back expansion
Definition of covered entity
In this section, the term “covered entity” means—
(1) a State, local, or tribal law enforcement agency;
(2) a manufacturer, distributor, or reverse distributor of prescription medications;
(3) a retail pharmacy;
(4) a registered narcotic treatment program;
(5) a hospital or clinic with an onsite pharmacy;
(6) an eligible long-term care facility; or
(7) any other entity authorized by the Drug Enforcement Administration to dispose of prescription medications.
The Attorney General, in coordination with the Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, shall coordinate with covered entities in expanding or making available disposal sites for unwanted prescription medications.
(Pub. L. 114–198, title II, § 203, July 22, 2016, 130 Stat. 717.)