The Director of the Office of Management and Budget shall designate from among the departments and agencies that use the DTS Network—
(A) four departments and agencies to each appoint one voting member of the Governance Board from the personnel of such departments and agencies; and
(B) any other departments and agencies that the Director considers appropriate to each appoint one nonvoting member of the Governance Board from the personnel of such departments and agencies.
Voting and nonvoting members
The Governance Board shall consist of voting members and nonvoting members as follows:
The voting members shall consist of a Chair, who shall be designated by the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, and the four members appointed by departments and agencies designated under paragraph (1)(A).
The nonvoting members shall consist of the members appointed by departments and agencies designated under paragraph (1)(B) and shall act in an advisory capacity.
Chair duties and authorities
The Chair of the Governance Board shall—
(1) preside over all meetings and deliberations of the Governance Board;
(2) provide the Secretariat functions of the Governance Board; and
(3) propose bylaws governing the operation of the Governance Board.
Quorum, decisions, meetings
A quorum of the Governance Board shall consist of the presence of the Chair and four voting members. The decisions of the Governance Board shall require a majority of the voting membership. The Chair shall convene a meeting of the Governance Board not less than four times each year to carry out the functions of the Governance Board. The Chair or any voting member may convene a meeting of the Governance Board.
Governance Board duties
The Governance Board shall have the following duties with respect to the DTS–PO:
(1) To approve and monitor the plans, services, priorities, policies, and pricing methodology of the DTS–PO for bandwidth costs and projects carried out at the request of a department or agency that uses the DTS Network.
(2) To provide to the DTS–PO Executive Agent the recommendation of the Governance Board with respect to the approval, disapproval, or modification of each annual budget request for the DTS–PO, prior to the submission of any such request by the Executive Agent.
(3) To review the performance of the DTS–PO against plans approved under paragraph (1) and the management activities and internal controls of the DTS–PO.
(4) To require from the DTS–PO any plans, reports, documents, and records the Governance Board considers necessary to perform its oversight responsibilities.
(5) To conduct and evaluate independent audits of the DTS–PO.
(6) To approve or disapprove the nomination of the Director of the DTS–PO by the Executive Agent with a majority vote of the Governance Board.
(7) To recommend to the Executive Agent the replacement of the Director of the DTS–PO with a majority vote of the Governance Board.
National security interests
The Governance Board shall ensure that those enhancements of, and the provision of service for, telecommunication capabilities that involve the national security interests of the United States receive the highest prioritization.
(Pub. L. 106–567, title III, § 322, as added Pub. L. 111–259, title V, § 501(a)(1), Oct. 7, 2010, 124 Stat. 2736.)