View all text of Chapter 3 [§ 301 - § 330]

§ 308.
Cooperation with Federal and State agencies and foreign countries
Authorized Activities.—
In general.—
The Secretary may perform, by contract or otherwise, authorized engineering or other services in connection with the survey, construction, maintenance, or improvement of highways for other Federal agencies, cooperating foreign countries, and State cooperating agencies.
Services authorized under paragraph (1) may include activities authorized under section 214 of the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970.
Reimbursement for services carried out under this subsection (including depreciation on engineering and road-building equipment) shall be credited to the applicable appropriation.
(b) Appropriations for the work of the Federal Highway Administration shall be available for expenses of warehouse maintenance and the procurement, care, and handling of supplies, materials, and equipment for distribution to projects under the supervision of the Federal Highway Administration, or for sale or distribution to other Government agencies, cooperating foreign countries, and State cooperating agencies, and the cost of such supplies and materials or the value of such equipment, including the cost of transportation and handling, may be reimbursed to current applicable appropriations.
(Pub. L. 85–767, Aug. 27, 1958, 72 Stat. 914; Pub. L. 93–87, title I, § 152(5), Aug. 13, 1973, 87 Stat. 276; Pub. L. 112–141, div. A, title I, § 1521(f), July 6, 2012, 126 Stat. 579.)