Submission of application
Any State, unit of local government (or combination of units of local government), agency, organization, institution, or individual desiring to receive a grant, or enter into a contract, under this subchapter shall submit an application at such time, in such manner, and containing or accompanied by such information as may be prescribed by the Federal officer who is authorized to make such grant or enter into such contract (hereinafter in this subchapter referred to as the “appropriate Federal officer”).
Contents of application
In accordance with guidelines established by the appropriate Federal officer, each application for assistance under this subchapter shall—
(1) set forth a project or activity for carrying out one or more of the purposes for which such grant or contract is authorized to be made and expressly identify each such purpose such project or activity is designed to carry out,
(2) provide that such project or activity shall be administered by or under the supervision of the applicant,
(3) provide for the proper and efficient administration of such project or activity,
(4) provide for regular evaluation of such project or activity,
(5) provide that regular reports on such project or activity shall be sent to the appropriate Federal officer, and
(6) provide for such fiscal control and fund accounting procedures as may be necessary to ensure prudent use, proper disbursement, and accurate accounting of funds received under this subchapter.
(Pub. L. 100–690, title III, § 3514, Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4256.)