United States Code

USC most recently checked for updates: May 28, 2020

§ 30916.
Recovery by the United States for salvage services
Civil Action.—
The United States, and the crew of a merchant vessel owned or operated by the United States, or a federally-owned corporation, may bring a civil action to recover for salvage services provided by the vessel and crew.
Deposit of Amounts Recovered.—
Any amount recovered under this section by the United States for its own benefit, and not for the benefit of the crew, shall be deposited in the Treasury to the credit of the department of the United States Government, or the corporation, having control of the possession or operation of the vessel.
(Pub. L. 109–304, § 6(c), Oct. 6, 2006, 120 Stat. 1520.)
cite as: 46 USC 30916