View all text of Subpart O [§ 48.6412-1 - § 48.6715-1]

§ 48.6416(f)-1 - Credit on returns.

Any person entitled to claim refund of any overpayment of tax imposed by section 4041, 4042, 4051 or chapter 32 may, in lieu of claiming refund of the overpayment, claim credit for the overpayment on any return of tax under this subpart subsequently filed. Any such credit claimed on a return must be supported by the evidence prescribed in the applicable regulations in this subpart and § 301.6402 of this chapter (Regulations on Procedure and Administration).

[T.D. 8043, 50 FR 32034, Aug. 8, 1985]