§ 1227.400 - What functions may a State perform in processing production reports or royalty reports?
Production reporters or royalty reporters provide production, sales, and royalty information on mineral production from leases that must be collected, analyzed, and corrected.
(a) If you request delegation of either production report or royalty report processing functions, you must perform at least the following:
(1) Receiving, identifying, and date stamping production reports or royalty reports;
(2) Processing production or royalty data to allow entry into a data base;
(3) Creating copies of reports by means such as electronic imaging;
(4) Timely transmitting production report or royalty report data to ONRR and other affected Federal agencies as provided in your delegation agreement and the Standards;
(5) Providing training and assistance to production reporters or royalty reporters;
(6) Providing production data or royalty data to ONRR and other affected Federal agencies; and
(7) Providing assistance to ONRR for appealed demands or orders, including meeting timeframes, supplying information, using the appropriate format, performing remanded actions, modifying orders, and providing oral and written briefing and testimony as expert witnesses.
(b) If you request delegation of either production report or royalty report processing functions, or both, you may perform the following functions:
(1) Granting exceptions from reporting and payment requirements for marginal properties; and
(2) Approving alternative royalty and payment requirements for unit agreements and communitization agreements.
(c) You must provide ONRR with a copy of any exceptions from reporting and payment requirements for marginal properties and any alternative royalty and payment requirements for unit agreements and communitization agreements you approve.