§ 17.536 - Eligibility.
(a) Military and Training requirements. An individual is eligible to participate in the EACFMAF if such individual is a former member of the Armed Forces who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable and meets one of the following criteria:
(1) Has medical or military health experience gained while serving as a member of the Armed Forces;
(2) Has received a certificate, associate degree, baccalaureate degree, master's degree, or post baccalaureate training in a science relating to health care; or
(3) Has participated in the delivery of health care services or related medical services, including participation in military training relating to the identification, evaluation, treatment, and prevention of disease and disorders.
(b) School and Individual requirements. To be eligible for the EACFMAF, an applicant must:
(1) Be unconditionally accepted for enrollment or be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited school located in a State;
(2) Be pursuing a degree leading to employment as a physician assistant;
(3) Be a citizen of the United States; and
(4) Submit an application to participate in the Scholarship Program together with a signed agreement as specified in § 17.538.