§ 1042.345 - Reporting.
(a) Within 45 days of the end of each quarter in which production-line testing occurs, send us a report with the following information:
(1) Describe any facility used to test production-line engines and state its location.
(2) State the total U.S.-directed production volume and number of tests for each engine family.
(3) Describe how you randomly selected engines.
(4) Describe each test engine, including the engine family's identification and the engine's model year, build date, model number, identification number, and number of hours of operation before testing. Also describe how you developed and applied the Green Engine Factor, if applicable.
(5) Identify how you accumulated hours of operation on the engines and describe the procedure and schedule you used.
(6) Provide the test number; the date, time and duration of testing; test procedure; all initial test results; final test results; and final deteriorated test results for all tests. Provide the emission results for all measured pollutants. Include information for both valid and invalid tests and the reason for any invalidation.
(7) Describe completely and justify any nonroutine adjustment, modification, repair, preparation, maintenance, or test for the test engine if you did not report it separately under this subpart. Include the results of any emission measurements, regardless of the procedure or type of engine.
(8) Report on each failed engine as described in § 1042.320.
(9) Identify when the model year ends for each engine family.
(b) We may ask you to add information to your written report so we can determine whether your new engines conform with the requirements of this subpart. We may also ask you to send less information.
(c) An authorized representative of your company must sign the following statement:
We submit this report under sections 208 and 213 of the Clean Air Act. Our production-line testing conformed completely with the requirements of 40 CFR part 1042. We have not changed production processes or quality-control procedures for test engines in a way that might affect emission controls. All the information in this report is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I know of the penalties for violating the Clean Air Act and the regulations. (Authorized Company Representative)
(d) Send electronic reports of production-line testing to the Designated Compliance Officer using an approved information format. If you want to use a different format, send us a written request with justification for a waiver.
(e) We will send copies of your reports to anyone from the public who asks for them. See § 1042.915 for information on how we treat information you consider confidential.