§ 60.74 - Test methods and procedures.
(a) In conducting the performance tests required in § 60.8, the owner or operator shall use as reference methods and procedures the test methods in appendix A of this part or other methods and procedures as specified in this section, except as provided in § 60.8(b). Acceptable alternative methods and procedures are given in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) The owner or operator shall determine compliance with the NO
(1) The emission rate (E) of NO
(2) Method 7 shall be used to determine the NO
(3) Method 2 shall be used to determine the volumetric flow rate (Q
(4) The methods of § 60.73(c) shall be used to determine the production rate (P) of 100 percent nitric acid for each run. Material balance over the production system shall be used to confirm the production rate.
(c) The owner or operator may use the following as alternatives to the reference methods and procedures specified in this section:
(1) For Method 7, Method 7A, 7B, 7C, or 7D may be used. If Method 7C or 7D is used, the sampling time shall be at least 1 hour.
(d) The owner or operator shall use the procedure in § 60.73(b) to determine the conversion factor for converting the monitoring data to the units of the standard.