§ 460lll–1. Purposes
The purposes of this subchapter are—
(1) to transfer without consideration administrative jurisdiction over the Recreation Area from the Tennessee Valley Authority to the Secretary so that the Recreation Area may be managed as a unit of the National Forest System;
(2) to protect and manage the resources of the Recreation Area for optimum yield of outdoor recreation and environmental education through multiple use management by the Forest Service;
(3) to authorize, research, test, and demonstrate innovative programs and cost-effective management of the Recreation Area;
(4) to authorize the Secretary to cooperate between and among the States, Federal agencies, private organizations, and corporations, and individuals, as appropriate, in the management of the Recreation Area and to help stimulate the development of the surrounding region and extend the beneficial results as widely as practicable; and
(5) to provide for the smooth and equitable transfer of jurisdiction from the Tennessee Valley Authority to the Secretary.
(Pub. L. 105–277, div. A, § 101(e) [title V, § 503], Oct. 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 2681–231, 2681–311.)