§ 60.85 - Test methods and procedures.
(a) In conducting the performance tests required in § 60.8, the owner or operator shall use as reference methods and procedures the test methods in appendix A of this part or other methods and procedures as specified in this section, except as provided in § 60.8(b). Acceptable alternative methods and procedures are given in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) The owner or operator shall determine compliance with the SO
(1) The emission rate (E) of acid mist or SO
(2) Method 8 shall be used to determine the acid mist and SO
(3) Suitable methods shall be used to determine the production rate (P) of 100 percent H
(4) Method 9 and the procedures in § 60.11 shall be used to determine opacity.
(c) The owner or operator may use the following as alternatives to the reference methods and procedures specified in this section:
(1) If a source processes elemental sulfur or an ore that contains elemental sulfur and uses air to supply oxygen, the following procedure may be used instead of determining the volumetric flow rate and production rate:
(i) The integrated technique of Method 3 is used to determine the O
(ii) The SO